HUNTING IS PART OF MISSOURI’S CULTURE
- 576,000 people hunt in Missouri each year.
- 10 million days are spent hunting in Missouri.
HUNTING SUPPORTS MISSOURI’S ECONOMY
- Hunters support over 18,000 jobs in Missouri.
- Hunting generates $541 million in salaries and wages.
- Yearly spending by hunters in Missouri is $985 million.
- Missouri hunters spend an estimated $1,600 per year on trip- related expenses and gear.
HUNTING IS A KEY SOURCE OF TAX REVENUE
- Hunters annually generate $108 million in taxes for the state of Missouri.
- Hunters generate $126 million in federal taxes annually.
MISSOURI HUNTING: THE BOTTOM LINE
- The total ripple effect from hunting in Missouri is $1.6 BILLION.
- 2011 National Survey of Fishing, Hunting, and Wildlife-Associated Recreation (U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service)
- America’s Hunting Heritage: Fueling the American Economy (The Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation)
- Hunting in America: An Economic Force for Conservation (Southwick Associates. Produced for the National Shooting Sports Foundation in partnership with the Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies)